Training & Placement
Sri Balaji College of Engineering & Technology has been an invariably dependable institute for several years in the list of campus placement records among private institutions. Its graduates are highly rated by employers from industry and commerce in the private and public sectors. Offering information, advice, guidance and support for job-seeking students is considered a primary responsibility at the college. The Placement and Training Center is provided with a well-equipped conference room and separate, well-furnished rooms for interviews and counseling.
Training and Placement Officer
Prof. (Dr.) Chetan Khemraj, Chief Training & Placement Officer
About Placement Cell
SBCET has achieved the status of the Most Favored Destination for the campus of the top IT & Core companies. The college has successfully conducted campuses of number of students so far and a lot more is in pipeline. The department of Training and Placements is one of the most important central departments of the Technical Campus. It handles following functions:
- To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business houses of repute from all over India.
- Improving the employ ability skills through special personality development sessions thereby reducing the gap between industries & academicians.
- With the dedicated team of result oriented members, the department establishes largest network with the industries.
- To prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through Professional Trainers and Experts.
- To promote career counseling by organizing guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and SBCET alumni.
Placement: The department liaisons with the prime industries and invites them for conducting on-campus & off-campus drives for selection of the students. The department also takes feedback from the employers, so as to prepare the student to meet the expectations of the industries.
Training: To increase the employ ability of the students by preparing them to meet the expectations of the industries. It also conducts a number of training programs in the area of domain skills & soft skills by inviting eminent speakers from the industries. It conducts aptitude development workshop, mock tests, group discussions & personal interviews for the students.
The department provides career guidance & Career Counseling to the students.
Student Development Program
The Training and Placement Cell organizes a number of training programs for the students of all semesters with the help of in-house experts and experts drawn from professional agencies. The activities have proved exceptionally useful in shaping the career of students. One of the main responsibilities of the T&P Cell is to motivate and prepare students for interviews at prospective workplaces. Careful and systematic preparation is initiated and sustained through Mock Aptitude Tests, Psychometric Tests, Group Discussions and Personality Development.
Students have to undergo summer training as per their curriculum and the TPO cell helps them by arranging it in reputed industries. The students undergo their training at various prestigious organizations such as Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Maruti Udyog Ltd., L&T, Ericsson, Siemens, Reliance Group, HCL, TATA etc. The students act as a channel of communication with industries.
Students have actively participated and organized various Workshops/ Conferences inside the SBCET, in the year 2019-20. Some of them are as follows:
- Workshop on Recent Trends in Web Technologies.
- Workshop on Information Security & Ethical hacking.
- Workshop in Recent Trendy of Web Tech (Java, Linux and other Latest Technologies).
- Robotics Workshop by Electronics Dept.
- Workshop on Entrepreneurship
- Workshop on What Does industries Expect From A Fresh Graduate Engineer?
As part of its social outreach program, SBCET has formed a Placement Consortium to help the engineering and science students of neighboring colleges. Students from these colleges in the nearby places of Sitapura, Jagatpura, Kukas, Renwal, Alwar and Ajmer benefit immensely from this Consortium. Reputed companies like Yamaha,Accenture, IBM, Wipro, Syntel, HCL, Sag Infotech, CMC etc., have conducted campus interviews and recruited students through the Consortium.
It is a noble initiative of our beloved Chairman to help the good students studying in neighboring colleges.
SBCET also helps Science students (B.Sc./BCA) of neighboring colleges in finding placements.
Companies like Accenture, Sag Infotech, CMC, Comsoft, GIPL, Mismo infra, Indian Army, Infosys, HCL Comnet, etc., have conducted combined interviews at SBCET and recruited these students.